Professional Networking For Business | Bite-Sized Course
Professional Networking For Business | Bite-Sized Course
- Know why networking helps to build business
- Understand how networking works, and where to find the right groups for you
- Apply proven communications techniques
- Know more about ourselves, and how we can change the way we relate to other people
- Handle new situations and deal with them confidently
- Prepare and follow action plans for continuous business development
Benefits of Attending:
- Hints and practical tips from experienced marketing professionals
- Practical exercises to support the learning process
- Insight from other business experiences
- Work ‘on’ your business, not ‘in’ your business
- The reason for networking
- Taking the plunge
- Personal preparation
- Personality types
- The purpose of greeters
- What do we talk about
- Breaking in the group
- Questioning techniques
- Moving forward
- The art of listening
- Teamwork in action
- Making it work for you
- Following up
- Confidence in action
- The golden handshake
Who this course is for:
- You run your own business and need to build contacts but lack the confidence to do so
- Your role within a business incorporates marketing but you have no formal training
- You work in a specific marketing role within a business /charity/not-for-profit organisation with no formal training
- You have responsibility for a marketing function/team within a business and wish to understand more about how it can best work
- You are looking to motivate others who have an established business in the B2B or B2C environment.
- Each session takes between 10 – 20 minutes and, after each, there are exercises for you to do related to your individual business. These exercises are detailed in your personal Workbook which you can complete on or offline. This means you will be able to complete and then print off your finished Workbook which will then be the blueprint for you to keep and refer back to or share with your team.
- The more time you spend on each exercise, the more you get out of the learning. We know enthusiasm can wane from time to time as life gets in the way so each session is broken down into manageable chunks with quizzes and tests along the way aimed at developing your confidence
- Every course provides bite-sized tools and techniques that concentrate on practical implementation and understanding.
- If at any stage you get really stuck, or if you need clarification relating specifically to your business, please do email us at email@example.com someone will be back with you within 48 hours.
How do I enrol?
- Each bite-sized course runs on our e-learning management system (LMS) which means you have immediate access to course material online as soon as enrolment is complete. This gives you the freedom to plan studies around your lifestyle or work commitments.
- Once payment is made you will receive login details to the LMS and access to your unique online student account. From here you can contact the course leader and access all of the materials which are released in stages as you complete each module.
- You need only have a standard web browser on a desktop or tablet and there’s no complicated plug-in software required. Plus, you have the option of printing course material or saving it to a hard drive if you feel more comfortable working with pen and paper.
- For other questions, we recommend you read our Frequently Asked Questions or that you call us to discuss your needs in more detail.
10:10 Very informative, covered lots, fast-paced and thought-provoking. One thing you will do differently? Start planning and setting aside some time to implement all I have learned.
10:10 Relevant information and easy to understand. One thing you will do differently? Definitely being more focused and developing a position to start working from.
What I liked best about the training is that I never felt like I was expected to be an expert already, which (as a marketer without a marketing degree) is really important to me. Everything really is Bitesize which meant that, if there’s something I didn’t understand, I could re-watch or do a bit more research without feeling overwhelmed by it all.
Marketing has been an area which I seriously struggled with over the years, to the detriment to the growth of my business. I contacted Nicky for assistance at a time when I was looking to relaunch my business after some frustrating months making little progress. I needed serious support, and guidance, and direction from someone that I had faith in, who would listen to me and someone I could trust in for the long term. Since then I have received so much quality marketing guidance and direction, the result of which I am so pleased with, I recommend to clients and contacts.
It’s packed! Had to listen twice in case I’d missed something – Q&A was a chance to get some variety and connection with listeners which I liked. Really enjoying the pace and tone too. For us we have a constant struggle with social media – how often and what we post – especially as we are both part-time so staying on top of it all can be overwhelming sometimes. This has helped me focus – thinking about ‘where our customers actually are! Thanks again
Building a brand on Facebook over two years with a community of almost fifteen thousand has been fundamental to our success. Working with Nicky and Liz we have learned how to increase our audience and the stories that we share. It’s selling but not in your face selling, which is crucial to relationship building in today’s marketplace.
We have been working with Nicky for a number of weeks now on our marketing strategy and plans. Compared to other providers she has a fresh approach and brings great ideas to the table across the board. Working together we have identified some great areas for the growth of our marketing activities and have already seen brilliant results from what we have implemented so far. I can wholly recommend if you are considering any advice or action plans for all your media activities.
I would recommend Liz to anyone hoping to develop additional marketing skills… and have fun along the way! I started the course with limited knowledge on the subject, and left with a huge amount of confidence to put my new found skills into practice at work. Liz’s teaching style and personable approach allows you to challenge and ask questions without ever feeling silly. Instead of being ‘talked at’ and forgetting what you learnt 12 hours later, Liz takes a subject, makes it relevant to you, makes it fun, and makes it stick!